2016年2月8日月曜日

Kinmokusei 03

This picture is the third in a series of three paintings entitled "Kinmokusei", the name of which comes from a plant that blossoms with bright orange delicate petals across Japan. The plants beautiful colours not only inspired me to make these painting but also their cultural connotations in Japan. They bloom in late September which evokes an Autumnal feeling and memories of festivals which often happen during that time. 

In this picture, the woman is wearing a festive dress and the design was developed from the second in the series of the Kinmokusei paintings I made. The woman in this picture is reminiscent of Delacroix's "Liberty leading the people". 

I'm a Japanese artist living in Tokyo, please check out my other blog posts to see my other works.  

You can also check out the other 2 paintings in this series here:

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿